Re: Virtualization preferences

 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I will be setting up my new system in a couple of weeks. I'll be
> running CentOS 5 on a quad core AMD Opteron.  I'm going to run Windows
> XP as a guest OS, and possibly 1 or more Linux distros. My preferred
> choices are Xen and Virtualbox. While VMWare Player is an excellent
> product I do want to ability to create virtual machines. Right now I'm
> leaning toward Xen since I have Virtualbox on my laptop, so I'm just
> looking or some knowledgeable opinions.

re: VMWare Player:

FYI - there's a nice site that can create vmx's for you.  This lets you
get around player's restriction of not creating vmx's, and so makes it a
workable solution again.

http://www.easyvmx.com/

That said, vmware's proprietary restrictions have been annoying me
lately, and so I've just been using virtualbox more and more lately.

HTH,

DR

believed to be clean.