Strange Firefox 3 problem

 I have a strange problem with Firefox 3 occasionally grabbing focus
(I'm running KDE 3.5.9, using Focus Strictly Follows Mouse).
Sometimes it looks like Firefox is fighting the window manager, with
the title bar repeatedly flashing white (in focus) and gray (out of
focus), and sometimes it looks like Firefox just manages to hold on
for a while.

I do not have a clear repeatable test case for this.  I *have* ruled
out autocomplete.grab_during_popup and
autocomplete.ungrab_during_mode_switch as being the trigger -- with
either both true, both false, or grab_during_popup false and
ungrab_during_mode_switch being true, this happens.

It seems to happen most often when I move the mouse into the Firefox
window when it has been outside for a while.  Another situation under
which it happens is when I go to about:config -- in this case, when it
grabs focus like this, I actually can't type into the filter box until
it clears itself up.

I'm aware of the supposed fsync() issue that supposedly has been
fixed, but I don't believe that to be the issue.  For one, my disk
light isn't turning on when it happens, and for two, Firefox shouldn't
be trying to repeatedly grab focus while the supposed fsync() is
happening.

Has anyone else seen this?

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <[hidden email]>

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail [hidden email]

--Eric Crampton

believed to be clean.