channel bonding

 Guys,

Any channel bonding experts out there? I have been given a PC with a 4
port gigabit ethernet card which has been channel bonded and I'm
thinking the whole setup is wrong. Can a channel bond expert (or anyone
who's familiar with the technology) chime in?...

My view of channel bonding.

-----                      ------
    |------1000BaseT-------|
PC  |------1000BaseT-------|  PC
    |------1000BaseT-------|
-------                                       -------

The above configuration, I have two PC's hooked up to each other with
three gigabit ethernet cards. Bonding allows me to transfer  data at
3Gigabites!? wow!

Now, I have the following configure

                            -----
                 -----------|  PC1
------           |
     |------------          -----
PC0  |----------------------|  PC2
     |------------          -----
------           |
                 |          -----
                 -----------|  PC3
                            -----

One PC with one multiple 1000BaseT card and 3 PCs with single 1000BaseT
cards. Somehow I'm able to ping PC[1-3] from PC0, but I cannot ping PC2
from PC1. (i.e. PC1, PC2 and PC3 cannot talk to each other over ethernet.)

Something tells me that the above configuration is just wrong and is not
suited for channel bonding. The sysadmin's was trying to turn a 4
channel NIC into a non-blocking switch such that all PC's sit on one
subnet and traffic would then be routed through the 4 channel NIC
between PC[1-3].

Is my assessment correct? Can one substitute a switch for a multiple NIC
card and use channel bonding? Right now the above configuration is not
working like a regular switch.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers. Steve.

believed to be clean.