Re: Boy Scout Open Source - I'm done

 > Regardless of what you think about the Boy Scouts' policy on gays,
> there's a big difference between, "We won't let you be a member of our
> club," and "If you're caught in this county after sundown, prepare to be
> lynched."  Let's not get carried away here.

Adults act on what they learn as children. Teach a child to be a bigot,
and you'll have a bigoted adult.

Listen, I hope we can stop this discussion as I'm sure many people are
sick of it. I think what I wrote was a little misunderstood.

It isn't that I don't think the BSofA should use open source and free
software, but I, because of their position on gay rights, atheism, helping
the MPAA with a "copyright badge," and ripping off and subverting native
american culture to their agenda, do not think is a particularly good use
of my limited time to help them.

Furthermore, it is these issues I wished to vocalize in order to alert
those similarly disposed so that they may make their decision based on the
facts and their own conscience. I have no desire to tell anyone what to
do, I only wished to present a picture of the organization you would be
helping. I did not want this to become a debate about prejudice or
bigotry. There are enough facts from which a person can decide without it
becoming a heated debate.

Fact: The BSofA fought all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court for the right
to fire a person for the sole reason that he was gay.
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/06/28/scotus.gay.boyscouts/

Fact: An atheist or agnostic can not be a troupe leader or scout.
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/West/10/31/atheist.scout.ap/

Fact: The BSofA collaborated with the MPAA to produce a "copyright merit
badge."

Do with that information what you will.

I'm done, I am deeply sorry for the intrusion.

believed to be clean.