Re: mutt question

 On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 09:40:39AM -0400, dan moylan wrote:
>  the simple fact is that the systems are not different.  mutt saves
>  messages with permissions 0600 -- period -- regardless of the
>  permissions or location of the input file.  #$@%*&~$!  any way to
>  change this?

No.  Mutt's philosophy on this is that the user can inadvertently
expose himself (and IMO perhaps more importantly, the sender of the
data) to the risk of making data which was intended to be private
available to those for whom access was not explicitly intended.  For
example, saving a decrypted version which was intended for the
recipient's eyes only.

The idea is that all data should be assumed to be private, and if the
user wants to make it available, it should require action on his part
to do so, to avoid forgetfulness or user error from providing
unintended access to data to random people who have shell access to
the same machine.

-=-=-=-=-