point-to-point vdsl

 I've got an existing Zyxel 841/841C
(ftp://ftp.zyxel.com/P-841C/datasheet/P-841C_1.pdf) setup on a dry phone pair
between 2 buildings (about 200-300 yards wire length I think, at most) that
works - somewhat. The Zyxels seem to loose sync occasionally, and don't
recover automatically until they are power toggled.

Zyxel has stopped selling the 841/841C, and I don't see any replacement unit
on their site.

It doesn't help that the phone lines go through an elevator engine room, and
there's rather nasty electrical noise on them when the elevator engine
starts/stops.

I'd like to replace the Zyxels with something more reliable. Googling led me
to Netsys and their NV-600R/NV-600L combo:

  http://www.netsys-direct.com/vdsl_products.php

Anyone got experience with these things? Or any other suggestions for
reliable equipment to do this? Budget is rather limited, but it has to be
more reliable than the current setup.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -( "Parts that don't exist can't break." -- Russell Nelson )-
Virtual hosting -(                                                         )-

believed to be clean.