Re: Choice of ISP

    David> I have SpeakEasy now, and love them, but my physical phone
    David> line has become a big problem.  A few times a year we get
    David> heavy static, sometimes so bad we don't get a dialtone.
    David> Usually weather-based.  Verizon claims it's in the house, I
    David> test at where it comes in to the house to prove it's not, I
    David> try to convince them to get their butts out here to fix it,
    David> and they do something that makes it go away for a while.
    David> But this time I've been without a home phone for close to
    David> two weeks, and we're done with it.  It's too bad I need to
    David> ditch SpeakEasy in the process, but the casualties of war,
    David> and all.

I ditched Verizon for phone and kept Speakeasy for internet.  In my
case, I already had them on separate lines, but Speakeasy does sell
naked DSL.  I think I'm paying something like 2 dollars more because
the line is being billed to Covad and not to me.

Of course it does mean depending on Verizon's ability to keep a line
connected, which is abysmal.  But I've only once had an outage that
would have been long enough to get Comcast connected.

--
Laura   (mailto:[hidden email] http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I missed "The West Wing" every day and the people I worked with.  And
I missed putting on a show every week.  What I didn't miss was the
feeling of constantly having a term paper due.

Aaron Sorkin

believed to be clean.