Re: Choice of ISP

 Robert Krawitz wrote:
>    From: Michael Goodman <[hidden email]>
>    Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:39:16 -0400
>
>    I echo the prior recommendations of SpeakEasy and avoiding Comcast.
~~ snip ~~
> These aren't enough to get me to switch to ComRizon, but things don't
> seem to be quite what they used to be.  Maybe the amount of data I'm
> kicking around has also increased.

I have SpeakEasy now, and love them, but my physical phone line has
become a big problem.  A few times a year we get heavy static, sometimes
so bad we don't get a dialtone.  Usually weather-based.  Verizon claims
it's in the house, I test at where it comes in to the house to prove
it's not, I try to convince them to get their butts out here to fix it,
and they do something that makes it go away for a while.  But this time
I've been without a home phone for close to two weeks, and we're done
with it.  It's too bad I need to ditch SpeakEasy in the process, but the
casualties of war, and all.

So the choices as I see them are Comcast Business internet and phone
plan, or Verizon Business FiOS.  I would hate to lock myself into
another contract with Verizon, who is causing the problem in the first
place, but their internet is so much faster, and there are so many more
complaints about Comcast than Verizon on the net.  The other thing that
worries me about Comcast is that your bandwidth is shared by everyone in
your area, so a few hogs can drag your bandwidth down, and you have no
recourse, because there's no guaranteed speed.

But just so I have the whole picture, why avoid Comcast?  I consider
both VZN and Comcast equally as evil.

believed to be clean.