Re: AsteriskNow vs TrixBox

 On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 08:15:10AM -0500, James Kramer wrote:
> When I set up the VOIP service for my company, is it reliable to have our
> main phone number operating through the VOIP or should I retain a PSTN for
> the main number?

That depends. How reliable is your current phone system? If you
lose power, do you lose phones? What sort of UPS capability do
you have? If power goes out, does your network connection go
out? Do you have enough bandwidth? How's the latency to your
VOIP gateway?

> If I were to retain one incoming line from the PSTN, is it
> possible to connect it to the RJ-7 port of a phone such as the Linksys
> SPA941 and use the 10-base-T connection to transfer the calls onto the VOIP
> network and visa-versa?

Not with the SPA941. There are boxes which will do that,
reasonably cheaply ($70-100).

-dsr-

When freedom gets lots of exercise, it protects itself.

believed to be clean.