Re: Comcast "Economy Internet"

 On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So, while I don't
> like the port blocking, having a reliable Internet connection is
> important, especially to my wife.

YMMV in terms of reliability.  In my experience with Comcast there was
an unacceptable frequency of service outages and network problems,
which I'm not encountering with Speakeasy.  This all depends on where
you are located, your cable and/or copper setup, etc.  What's most
unacceptable about Comcast is the way they feel they can control a
customer's internet service (even in ways that conflict with what the
customer is supposedly paying for) while constantly changing their
network management policies (bandwidth shaping, port blocking, etc.),
all of which goes undisclosed to the customer.  I couldn't continue to
give my money to a company that so blatantly disregards its customers.
 With an ISP, I expect full disclosure of their network policies, and
to pay for packets to go back and forth at a certain speed on any
port, and no funny stuff in between.  The closest I've come to this is
Speakeasy.  Of course this all depends on what you are doing with your
internet connection...

believed to be clean.