Re: PHP web clusters and session information

we have three front end web servers that serve millions of pages a month via apache2/php5, and
use an NFS server to hold all session information. We had to do this as the
front end servers are behind an SNMP balanced bigIP loadbalancer. we did some tests
first and for us it proved faster to get the flat files from NFS than to get the
session data from a shared DB (though I must add that the NFS mounted server is
ALSO the DB server, so it was actually a good test).

Richard

On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 11:39 -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
> Are there any admins/architects that have multiple web servers using PHP
> and are sharing sessions.
>
> I have an open source project I've been trying to get going for a while
> now and I'd like to solve the major issues for this type of deployment.

believed to be clean.