Re: [Fwd: Who needs an HDTV?]

 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> As usual, Bray has his head up and locked.
> First, HDTVs are selling for under $500 retail (32in and smaller). Most
> of these are 720P. Full HD is 1020P, but 720P is pretty good for
> smaller systems. Many also have PC connectors.

.. And thus begins my Happy Place.  I just bought a 32" Sony Bravia for
the bedroom (720p, but pretty expensive due to its other features.  The
real 1080p 32" sets started at $1200).  The killer feature for me is now
I can hook my laptop up to it, run mythfrontend on the TV screen, and
continue to do whatever I want on my laptop screen.

I almost always multitask when watching TV.  Up to now, the only way to
do that was to lug my laptop upstairs to the office, and run
mythfrontend on my server and do whatever else I want to do on my
laptop.  Now I can watch on a much bigger screen downstairs and still
multitask.

believed to be clean.