Re: ReiserFS vs XFS or JFS?

 Hah, i've seen so many problems with stability with XFS... JFS I haven't
used, but from what i've read it's useful on lots of very large files....
course so would XFS if stability wasn't an issue. reiserFS is good with lots
of tiny files, however again... some friends of mine have had serious
stability problems with resier. ext2 is great on a boot partition, ext3 is
good (not the best) basically on everything i've seen so far. With tweeks
it's very customizable. I would really hate to see ext2 on any DB however as
if your computer crashes for whatever reason your journal files may be
corrupt or non-existant. Also I would assume that running through a disk
check to be vastly faster then rebuilding a db from a backup and logs. I
have not done that though and would very curious from people who've had that
happen. Also ext4 is suppose to fix the whole slow time with fsck I believe.
~Ben