Re: Outlook / Notes Killer?

 Eric Chadbourne wrote:
> So is there really no F/OSS Outlook or Lotus Notes clone?  I know
> there's a couple of web based projects but haven't seen a native app out
> there.  Anybody know of one?  Sounds like a good way for a couple of
> python programmers to not have to find real jobs.  Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric C.

If you're looking for just an email/calendar solution, I
recently setup a local Massachusetts Housing Authority using
Thunderbird with the "Lightning" and "Provider for Google
Calendar" extensions. It's working out great for them. Not
only can they share their calendars if so desired, they can
also access their calendars from off site (on their home
computers, laptops etc...) quite easily as well. The only
problem with this setup is that when using the Google
extension, the "tasks" function is unavailable.

It's been up and running for a while now and seems very stable
for them.

As an aside, they are using Ubuntu 7.10 on all of their
desktops (6) and (1) laptop with Crossover Linux running IE6
for a very few required state websites that are Internet
Explorer only. Their server is currently running OpenSUSE
(soon to be Ubuntu 8.04 LTS).

Mike

believed to be clean.