Re: sendmail - Sender address rejected: Domain not found

 Robert La Ferla wrote:
> I have a Solaris 10 box (SunOS 5.10) that hosts an internal Subversion
> server that sends out e-mail notifications.  The problem is that the
> upstream SMTP server is rejecting e-mails sent from this internal server
> (no public ip) because it can't find the domain and thinks it's spam.
> How can I configure sendmail so that I can have my svn server send out
> notifications using svnnotify?  aliases, masquerade, ???

Can you explicitly set the domain on the "From" address to something that does
resolve?  Masquerade might work for this, but that's overkill; usually you
don't need to do that.  A quick check on the svnnotify docs suggest that you
can use a command line parameter ("--from [hidden email]") to have the
client explicitly set the "from" address.  Note that the username part of the
'from' address doesn't need to actually exist in example.com.

It still depends on how the "upstream" is configured, but if you're right that
the only problem is an unresolvable domain, that should help.

Matt

believed to be clean.