Re: Fwd: Capture video from MiniDV over USB?

 John Abreau wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:54 PM, Matthew Gillen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> John Abreau wrote:
>> I haven't used the USB feed more than to just see it work, so I don't
>> know if there's a difference in the encoding.
>
> If you're not interested in editing, then a camcorder is overkill; you can get
> the same quality MPEG video stream from a cheap webcam.

That's why I haven't used it beyond that initial tinkering ;-)

I guess I forgot to mention an important aspect: I didn't actually know that
the USB feed wasn't the same quality and format as the firewire feed until I
actually saw the results, because the camcorder documentation didn't think it
was important to point out the different properties of their implementation of
the various interfaces.

Seems like it was more important to them to just have the sticker on the box
that said "USB2.0" and "IEEE1394".  Perhaps they thought that anyone who would
care about the differences would know that you can't shove full frame-rate DV
down a USB pipe...

Matt

believed to be clean.