Re: shell tricks (Re: bash if file exists)

 Just as a quick question and i'm not trying to be a dick about it, but if
you have a major file system corruption, why would the ability to know what
files are there be important. I really do ask this question in earnest, and
more to the point even, if the file system is hosed, and you can still
though the luck of the gods read the inode table how would the actual files
themselves not be corrupted. I mean, i'm kinda assuming that you picked this
info up because you had to, i'm just wondering about the circumstances.