Re: Power savings and trusting Linux firewall

Ask Bjørn Hansen writes:

> In any case -- as a low power router or firewall I highly recommend
> both the PC Engines or the Soekris products.  While they cost more,
> you get *a lot* more than you get with a hacked "consumer router".

Yup, this was pretty much my rationale for why I bought a Soekris box
rather than a WRT54*...I surmised that I might want to play around
with the box a bit, and I wanted to have the flexibility to do so.  I
also liked the fact that this was an x86 compatible box, which means
that I don't have to cross-compile in order to do anything custom.
I've done enough of that at $DAYJOB; when I get home at night I want
to do other things.

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                Meet me by the knuckles
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                of the skinny-bone tree.

believed to be clean.