Re: Linux ready for the home desktop?

 On Thursday 27 March 2008, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> I was considering re-introducing it to them at some other point, until a
> few days later, my Linux box (Ubuntu) presented me with a reminder why
> Windows and Mac are still desktop-ready, but Linux isn't - the obligatory
> filesystem check if the machine has been rebooted at least 30 times.

I love seeing foolish, arbitrary statements like this.
Windows, when not shutdown properly, has the same message about disk checking.
Does it matter that all of my relatives, gf and myself have been using Linux
as our only desktop for a minimum of 5 years? How does that fit in with your
statement? Perhaps "My parents freaked out over the disk check." instead
of "Linux isn't ready."

believed to be clean.