Re: Linux ready for the home desktop?

    Scott> I was considering re-introducing it to them at some other
    Scott> point, until a few days later, my Linux box (Ubuntu)
    Scott> presented me with a reminder why Windows and Mac are still
    Scott> desktop-ready, but Linux isn't - the obligatory filesystem
    Scott> check if the machine has been rebooted at least 30 times.

But windows has to be rebooted all the time, and LINUX hardly ever
does.  So if you set up powersaving right and just don't turn the
machine off, you won't have anything like as much trouble with the
obligatory fsck as you will with having to reboot windows.

--
Laura (mailto:[hidden email] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097 fax: (501) 641-5011

believed to be clean.