Re: PGP Shredder for Linux servers?

 >>  file destruction on the server. What's the recommended
>>  equivalent command-line software for securely deleting files
>>  on Linux?
> Good old-fashioned 'shred' (part of coreutils) should do the trick.

any thoughts on this warning from the manpage:

CAUTION: Note that shred relies on a very important assumption: that the
file system overwrites data in place. This is the traditional way to do
things, but many modern file system designs do not satisfy this
assumption. The following are examples of file systems on which shred is
not effective, or is not guaranteed to be effective in all file system
modes:

* log-structured or journaled file systems, such as those supplied with
AIX and Solaris (and JFS, ReiserFS, XFS, Ext3, etc.)

believed to be clean.