Re: partitioning a raid 5 disk array -

 Hi Stephen,

Have you considered using LVM on top of your RAID array?  LVM allows you to
allocate a portion of your space up front for what you're going to use now
and it gives you the option to add more space to a partition as it is
needed.  This gives you the flexibility to adapt to your users as the server
is used rather than making potentially bad guesses up front.

Anthony