Re: Duplicate USB Drives

 On Mon, 10 Mar 2008, Matt Kowalski wrote:

> Does anyone know how to duplicate a source USB thumb drive to multiple
> target drives in Linux?  I was thinking *dd* should work but how do I
> specify multiple outputs for each device?
> Thanks.

I don't think dd can take multiple destinations, so you'll need to do one
at a time (or run multiple instances).

I would just do a dd from the source USB thumb drive to a local file on
your hard drive, and then dd from the local file to the destinations.
That way you cut down on the number of reads you're doing from the slower
USB device.

--
Greg

believed to be clean.