Re: Moving from RAID 0 to LVM RAID?

 The attraction to raid 5 and 6 is that you don't loose nearly as much HDD
space over raid 1. Say you have a 4u rack with 16 drives, you want to split
them, you could get 8 drives and set them up with RAID 1, thus giving you a
50% HDD storage capability. If you want 2 LUNs on a raid 5 you have 14
drives at your disposal and if one drive dies you don't have a problem. With
raid 6 you have 12 drives at your disposal and a failure of 2 per LUN, much
much better then RAID 1 where if you loose 2 drives and they happen to be
the same LUN  you loose your data. ~Ben