OT: Saving energy

 Hi,

I know that this has nothing to do with Linux so please FEEL FREE TO
IGNORE THIS, but my rationale for posting on this list is that I figure
a lot of Linux people are the kind of people who like to think
differently and might be intrigued by this question:

I have two loads of laundry: colours and whites. I wash colours first,
then the whites. Assuming I don't have an outside washing line, I want
to dry them in my tumble dryer. I have two options:

- I could put the colours in the dryer whilst I'm washing the whites and
then add the whites when they're done washing. (Let's assume that it
takes more time to dry clothes than wash them.)

- Or I could wait until both loads have finished before putting them in
the dryer at the same time.

Which way of drying uses the less energy?

Tom

believed to be clean.