Re: Linux on PS/2?

 Eric Chadbourne wrote:
>> English is badly made.  It seems unnecessarily complicated.
>> After one year of Spanish I could pretty much read and write.
>>  Try that with English.
>
> I just told my Russian speaking coworker that I thought English to be
> difficult and he laughed at me.  So I looked online for a simple
> comparison of language complexity and didn't find anything.  Anybody
> know where I can get more info?  Thanks, Eric.

I think all languages are equally complex, it's just that their
complexity appears in different areas.  English, for example, doesn't
have the complicated verb and noun forms that you see in Russian or
Hebrew, but it has a very large vocabulary and it does weird things with
modal verbs.

If you're talking about complexity from a native English speaker's point
of view, the DOD has four categories for languages based on how
difficult they are; the higher the category, the longer it takes for a
student to become fluent.  E.g., Spanish is Category I, German is
Category II, Russian is Category III, and Arabic is Category IV.

believed to be clean.