Re: Bill Gates owns Apple

 On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 02:18:30AM -0500, James Kramer wrote:
> I read in Slashdot that Apple is preventing certain software from
> running properly.
> http://blog.vlad1.com/2008/02/28/finding-the-os-x-turbo-button/
>
> I read about Apple and Microsoft--which is better--all the time.  Am I
> the only person who remembers that Bill Gates owns controlling
> interest in Apple?  I remember when Apple fired Steve Jobs.  Gates
> then bought controlling interest in Apple and rehired Jobs.  To me
> Apple is following the same path as Windows.

Let's look at finance.yahoo.com:

AAPL - Ownership - Major Holders:

% of shares held by insiders and 5% or more: 1%

OK, so no individual owns more than 5% of the company. The 4
biggest individual owners are Jobs (about 0.61%) and four other
Apple execs (totalling less than 0.15%)

How about an institution? Maybe Gates bought the stock and
transferred it to his charity?

No. The top institutional holder is FMR, which owns 5.07%. The
next 9 biggest hold about 22%, combined.

Is it hidden in a mutual fund? No, Fidelity owns 1.72% and the
next nine biggest have less than 1% each.

I think we can conclusively say that Bill Gates, or Microsoft,
does not own a controlling interest in Apple.

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be treasonous Commie propaganda.

believed to be clean.