Re: preferred way to setup a LAMP stack on a laptop for development?

 Brendan Kidwell wrote:
>> Editor?  Lately I've been playing with Geany.  It's fast and has almost
>> all of the features I want.  Works great on Linux and pretty good on M$.
>> http://geany.uvena.de/

I just installed it.  It looks pretty good, but it has a few
deal-breakers for me.  The big ones are not being able to see more than
one document at once, and no macro creation capabilities.  It also
doesn't seem to understand how to build real Java projects.  So it
doesn't suit my needs, but it looks pretty good.

> Thanks for the recommendation! I'm unfortunately in the market for a new
> love affair with an editor. Someone mentioned jEdit. I tried jEdit in the
> past and I liked it a lot, but I could never get past its oh-so-foreign
> Open/Save dialog boxes that not only looked wrong in every desktop
> environment, but also had completely bizarre keyboard behavior. Lately I've
> been using {this computer's Desktop Environment}'s basic text editor and/or
> Eclipse, and I'm not happy about it. Eclipse is too bulky, and... can I say
> also it's too modular?

Have you ever loved anything for more than a few days that you didn't
dislike any aspect of it?

For the record, the keyboard behavior is completely reconfigurable (I
redefine a good chunk of it myself), and I believe there's a menu option
somewhere to use Windows look and feel.

believed to be clean.