Re: open source alternatives to Quicken

On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 20:58 -0500, Al Wheeler wrote:
> Tom Metro wrote:
> > Al Wheeler wrote:
> >> What has worked [in Vista] is
> >> Quicken 2008 (I gave up on the gpl route...)
> > What did you try and why didn't they work for you?
> >  -Tom

I have tried pretty much all of them.. GNUcash was WAY too complicated,
and the layout was counter intuitive....
The best one for my money (And I paid a small fee for a licence about
$49, though they do have a trial version) was MoneyDance. While it did
suffer from "visual style designed by engineers" which is never really
very good, it had pretty much everything that Quicken has, including
Cash, bank, and credit accounts, budgeting, direct connect to a fair
number of banks, check register, bill reminders, etc...
I found it to be pretty easy to use once I got used to 'its' way of
thinking... Definitely worth a download and the time to install if you
are looking for a *nix alternative to MSMoney or Quicken

Richard

--
<[hidden email]>

believed to be clean.