Re: Mac and Linux

 If hes home then security doesn't really matter unless you are going over
wireless in which case you should be connecting via an encryption and that
has nothing to do with the file sharing. Also installing linux on a mac when
you want the benefit of the mac doesn't make sense. For internal home
networks NFS is just fine, if you are going external the problem is a bit
bigger, we just had a discussion on what to do about that. I've had a fun
time trying to do streaming media from one computer to the other (have one
dvd mounted on linux and trying to play it on my mac) and for stuff like
that NFS doesn't work well, but to be fair, it's breaking the use for nfs.
If anything for huge slow files, copy em to your mac desk top, edit or do
whatever, and put em back on the linux comp. ~Ben