Re: Need C++ tutor for 10th grade student

 2008/2/13, Scott Ehrlich <[hidden email]>:
> Lest we not forget, for those who are still "young", different school
> systems have different budgets.  It is absolutely possibly that Sam's
> school (system/district) has/had the funds to teach, or maybe he picked up
> the language on his own.

Nope. None of my schools have had any competent computer program. I
just test out and move onto maths.

My grandfather is a computer engineer (now a consultant), and taught
me some stuff, books and the internet took it from there. So I'd say
I'm mostly self-taught.

> Personally, I took Fortran and COBOL in high school, didn't do so well,
> and C was just evolving to be taught, but I was so fed up with my bad
> experiences with the higher level languages, I said thanks, but no thanks.
> I did get some exposure to C in college, but haven't used it since.

Interesting. I wish they taught us useful things like that.

It's great that the kid wants to learn, but s/he's probably better off
financially if they save their money and buy something like Learning
Perl (or that K&amp;R book about C I have yet to read.)

I guess having guru's around is very important though. That's how I
learned good practices. (You should compare some code I've written to
my peer's, who doesn't spend time in IRC/Mailing lists.)

Also, what's Jerry doing in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in April?
--
Samuel 'Shardz' Baldwin
Shardz's Igloo: staticfree.info/~samuel/

believed to be clean.