Re: Solaris 10

 On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 10:34:13AM -0500, [hidden email] wrote:

> On a side note, non-technical CIOs and CEOs are still very uncomfortable
> with Linux. I'm amazed, but hey, fact is fact. It is the whole "Who can I
> sue if something goes wrong" argument. The fact that most all EULAs state
> that you can't sue is besides the point.

You shouldn't, generally, have to talk to them. Convince the
CTO, instead, or if there is no CTO, the chief of operations or
engineering.

The key value proposition is that Linux and other open source
software allow a company to scale with smart people rather than
with large numbers of people. Problems can be solved faster,
with more money going to employees (increased retention, better
work environment, more productivity) and less to external
support and software vendors (unpredictable cash outflow, contract
problems, legal issues, security issues).

Open source software is a competitive advantage for economic
reasons. The moral advantage is just a bonus.

-dsr-

subversive content by DHS, and is
believed to be treasonous Commie propaganda.

believed to be clean.