Re: tpb

 On Feb 4, 2008 11:49 AM, Ben Holland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Musicians get most if not all of their money from their live performances.

I think Radiohead stated that self-distribution gave them more money
than ever.  Don't know how much that compares to live performances
though.  Typically, I heard it is about $1 per album sold goes to the
band, which is a very low amount indeed.  A great article on the music
industry and their extravagant spending is below.  It doesn't sound to
me like the record companies are being fair to the consumers with such
antics (passing costs on to paying customers)...

http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/10/when-pigs-fly-death-of-oink-birth-of.html
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."

believed to be clean.