Re: tpb

 Musicians get most if not all of their money from their live performances.
Record labels get all or most of their money from selling hard media, or
making deals with people like apple and itunes. It's actually one of the
main reasons you don't have a huge push of musicians supporting the RIAA in
it's quest but you do have groups like radio head putting out their media
online and making 10 million dollars on their IPO of their new cd. The RIAA
came out shortly after and said if they had the rights for the cd they could
have made closer to 20 mil not pointing out of course that only about 3% of
that going to radio head.

The RIAA is not a terrorist organization, just a very backward company that
like other backward companies is fighting a fight that everyone else moved
on from a long time ago as proven by the fact that since music sharing came
out the record sales have only increased. The term "Fair" is always a fun
one since it's totally loaded all the time. IPS's say it's fair for them to
block ports and drop bits, the RIAA say it's fair that they sue people for
buying music, microsoft says it's fair to trick people into buying vista
with a computer to increase sales, companies have a fair policy to fire
people without cause or notice... everyone wants things to be fair but only
their particular version of it. ~Ben