Book Mailing from Pearson Education User Group Program

 We get several books a year from Pearson (Addison-Wesley, SAMS,
Prentice-Hall).  When I receive the books I'll bring them to the
next meeting.

 Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:24:44 -0500
From: "Fox, Heather" <[hidden email]>

Hello User Group Leaders,

We hope you're enjoying the Pearson Education User Group Program,
including- among other benefits- an ongoing 35% member discount, a
monthly contest and a quarterly UG Program newsletter. All UG Program
benefits are available here: www.informit.com/usergroupwelcome
<http://www.informit.com/usergroupwelcome>

As your Linux liaison, I'm writing to tell you about the new books you
will soon receive for your LUG. These include:

- the latest book from bestselling author Mark Sobell! "A Practical
Guide to Ubuntu Linux". www.informit.com/title/013236039X
<http://www.informit.com/title/013236039X>

- a new "Unleashed" title from SAMS Publishing: "Ubuntu 7.10 Linux
Unleashed", 3rd Edition, authored by Andrew and Paul Hudson;
www.informit.com/title/0672329697
<http://www.informit.com/title/0672329697>

We have additional new titles which I'd be happy to ship you, but you
must first reply to me to with your specific picks:

-- Joomla! A User's Guide: Building a Successful Joomla! Powered Website
by Barrie North;
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0136135609
<http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0136135609>

-- RailsSpace Ruby on Rails Tutorial (Video LiveLessons) by Aurelius
Prochazka; http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321517067
<http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321517067>

-- New Paperback Edition! Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment:
Paperback Edition, 2nd Edition by W. Richard Stevens
<http://www.informit.com/authors/bio.aspx?a=e1e71361-53ac-42f0-97c2-131c
6fb02d32> , W. Richard Stevens
<http://www.informit.com/authors/bio.aspx?a=2021c3ba-3c4c-478a-a8ef-8251
e39f2d4a> , Stephen A. Rago
<http://www.informit.com/authors/bio.aspx?a=9d0900f8-cd4c-4976-8949-62c1
e58512f6> ; http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321525949
<http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0321525949>

-- Implementing ITIL Configuration Management by By Larry Klosterboer;
http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0132425939
<http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0132425939>

As always, please ask your members to return their support with
feedback-good, bad or indifferent to: [hidden email]
<mailto:[hidden email]> ! We also encourage UG members to post
their opinions directly on Amazon.com, BN.com, Slashdot.org, or any
relevant technical site that accepts user content.

A couple more news items!

-- Linux Journal 2008 Readers' Choice Survey- Be sure your members cast
their votes! (Polls close Feb 14th!);
http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1006101

-- 40% Discount to The 6th Annual Southern California Linux Expo!
(SCALE) To be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 8-10, 2008 at
the Westin Los Angeles Airport. Register today with a 40% User Group
discount!! The promo code is  PEAR2:

http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/

REMINDER: ONGOING MEMBER DISCOUNT!

Pearson UG members receive up to 35% off every purchase on InformIT.com
and our partner imprint sites (ciscopress.com
<http://www.ciscopress.com>  and ibmpressbooks.com
<http://www.ibmpressbooks.com> )! Just follow these easy steps for
savings:

-- Create an Informit account:
https://memberservices.informit.com/my_account/register.aspx
-- Enter the following member code: USERGROUP

-- LOGIN at any time to automatically receive the special pricing!

Many thanks, Heather Fox

*****************

Heather L. Fox, Senior Publicist &amp; User Group Liaison

Addison-Wesley Professional < IBM Press < Prentice Hall Professional <
Que Publishing < Sams Publishing

Publishing imprints of Pearson Education

[hidden email]

Office Ph: 212-641-6539

*Mobile*: 201-362-7763

Geo: c/o Pearson Education, 1330 6th Ave., 35th Floor

NY, NY 10019

If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.

believed to be clean.

Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846