Re: which provider you suggest

 Seth Gordon wrote:
> ...I noticed that for less than I was paying Speakeasy to give me
> DSL with static IP connecting to the Real Internet, I could get Verizon
> DSL connecting to the Luser Internet *plus* a virtual server at
> OpenHosting connecting to the Real Internet.
> "Luser Internet" = if you're trying to host a server don't be
> surprised to see your ports blocked...

This used to be a reasonable trade off, and it still makes sense if your
server needs are all about web hosting. But as time goes on the needs of
the home user and small office are increasingly becoming server-like,
with services like BitTorrent and VoIP. There just isn't a good
substitute for having unfettered bidirectional net access to the
physical location where you are.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro