When will Verizon FIOS be coming to [YOUR TOWN NAME HERE]?

 It seems like all my friends keep asking me this and I keep calling
Verizon to ask because I want it too.  They always tell me that they
aren't told when it will be available in my town.  So the other day I
was talking with a friend of mine who is the LAN/WAN Manager for the
town next to me.  He was telling me that in that town, you won't see
FIOS for at least 5 years and possibly never.  Not because Verizon
doesn't want to install it, it's because some towns have signed
exclusivity agreements with Comcast in exchange for being paid a quite
a bit of money. If they do not renew the exclusivity agreement when it
comes up, then they lose that money.  He said he's pretty sure that
most towns that do not have FIOS already have these agreements with
Comcast.

--
-matt

believed to be clean.