Re: I really prefer Linux over everything else

 On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 20:35 -0500, Kent Borg wrote:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > Uh, there's nothing stopping you from using a different application for DVD
> > playback to get the same thing on Mac OS X as well. [...] install VLC or
> > mplayer
>
> Ah, I hadn't realized that.  But, as is it my wife's computer I am very
> reluctant to install stuff on it.  Her computer.
>
> http://xkcd.com/349/

Ha!

I hear you on the wife bit. My wife used to buzz over me like a bee
anytime I got near her computer, and would -- literally -- rip my hair
out if I changed something she was used to.

So I gave up on keeping her computer upgraded.

But fortunately, the major problem -- the wife -- will soon be over. My
only regret is that divorces take so damned long.

However, I am happy to say my hair is growing back now...

Now, if only us geeks could figure out how to make as wise a choice for
spouses as we do about operating systems, hardware, software, raid
configurations ...

:-)

-Fred
Will never make that stupid marriage mistake ever again... bad choices
in that arena are VERY difficult to debug.

believed to be clean.