Re: MySQL help

 Matt Shields wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way to compare 2 databases and copy over the
> missing data.

Take a look at Maatkit:

http://maatkit.sourceforge.net/

which has a tool for syncing tables.

> This is a bit more complicated because if there is a
> customer #10 on both servers, when it's copied over, the missing
> customer would be given a new customer number.  As a result all other
> tables that reference that data need to be updated with that new
> customer ID.  There are numerous tables that reference each other.

I doubt it will handle this. You'll probably have to write something
custom that uses the ID in conjunction with one or more infrequently
changed fields to weed out the new records.

It could be done in two phases. First you determine how many new records
were created since the database split (using logs perhaps), reserve that
number of IDs on the new DB, renumber the records on the old db to fit
into the reserved space, then sync the tables using the above tool.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA