mysql backup question adendum

 Guys,

I want to thank everyone who contributed to my 'mysql backup question's
thread. The purpose of the backups was to solidify my mantis bug
tracking system which I'm setting up for my clients. The bug tracking
software has full support for mysql, and none for postgres. So I'm stuck
using mysql. The backup method I've put in place is a simple mysqldump
procedure. Every 24 hours, I dump the database, copy the dump to a
backup server where the dump file is kept in log rotation, and the
latest version is restored into the mysql server running on the backup
system. So, I have pseudo-replicated database, which replicates every 24
hours, and a weeks worth of daily backups. So far, the size of the
backup files is under 100Kbytes, which is nothing. Since the bug
trackers are very very low volume, I think the backup model I've put
together will suffice for a long time.

I would perfer to use postgres, but since the bug tracker does not
support it, I'll just live with mysql. I believe mysql will work
perfectly well for the application/service and its scope I'm setting up.

Cheers. Steve.

believed to be clean.