Linux/Unix and Networking Admin. needed in Cambridge, MA

 This is a great time of year for diets and new jobs!

Please let me know if you or any of your friends would like to be contacted
about this position.  Thank you very much and happy new year blu!

Senior Linux and Network Administrator

Job Summary

We are seeking a highly-technical hands-on, customer focused Linux/Unix and
networking professional with strong systems management, monitoring and
software release experience. This is a senior level position to manage
mission-critical 24x7 systems for us and our worldwide customers.

For this senior role, we're seeking an individual with deep expertise in
24x7 server farm operations, enterprise Linux/Unix and Apache, networking
and configuration management. Strong troubleshooting skills (network and
server level) are a critical requirement for this role. While we're looking
for an individual who can handle emergencies, the ideal candidate will have
a strong dedication to process, standardization, documentation, and
minimizing the risk of emergency situations. Such an individual should view
producing good documentation and maintaining tight configuration management
as mission critical activities.

If you're a SysAdmin with 7+ years of solid hands-on experience, looking for
an exciting new challenge with a dynamic fast growing company - and you meet
our requirements listed below - this could be the right place for you!

Responsibilities

Scale up and manage our high-volume multi-player gaming and global ecommerce
infrastructure across multiple datacenters.

Assist the Development and QA teams with releasing software through staging
to production systems, minimizing or eliminating downtime. Build and deploy
new release tools.

Design, deploy and manage a new monitoring and alerting environment for our
systems worldwide.

Research, specify, configure and deploy servers, storage, load balancers,
firewalls and networking equipment.

Implement processes to standardize IT practices and procedures, capacity
planning and risk mitigation.

Mentoring junior systems administrators and transferring knowledge via
technical discussions and training.

Participate in 24x7 system support rotation and handle escalations from
junior systems administrators.

Install, configure and manage massively scalable clustered Linux and Apache
systems running mission critical applications and services.

Performance tuning of web, application, DB servers, network and storage
devices.

Document existing and new infrastructure deployments using runbooks and
architecture diagrams.

Use a workflow/ticket system to handle daily operations and change
management.

Escalate issues to hardware and software vendors technical support staff for
quick resolution.

Handle large projects related to security, audit and compliance including
new infrastructure rollouts.

Work closely with the DBA group and stakeholders to meet their requirements.

Requirements

7-10+ years of systems and network administration experience managing a
high-volume, highly-available Linux- or Unix-based OLTP environment. Your
experience must include managing server farms with tens of balanced
clustered web nodes, large scale OLTP database servers, and handling
50-100+Mbps traffic.

Experience deploying OS and applications on HP or IBM blade hardware.

In-depth, hands-on knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux or UNIX, Apache, IP security,
DNS, MTAs, storage.

Ability to troubleshoot across all layers of the OSI stack.

Experience implementing and running an SNMP-based system for worldwide
server and network element monitoring and alerting.

Experience rolling out software releases for highly available OLTP
environments.

Excellent team player with good communication, organizational and
documentation skills. Ability to create clear, concise reports. Ability to
create and maintain complex network diagrams.

Experience managing large capacity storage devices from EMC or other
vendors.

Experience administering backup and restore operations, including off-site.

24x7 on-call availability (in rotation).

Knowledge of Perl is valuable, but not an absolute requirement.

4-year technical degree.

Pluses

Experience working for an Enterprise Web Hosting Service provider.

Experience designing and implementing disaster recovery solutions.

Sincerely

Lori Rouleau

Principal

Rouleau Search Associates