SSH authentication

 I've got 5 systems in the office all sharing the same /home file
system.  A while back I set up some ssh keys so I could authenticate
without the need to type my password. I placed the public key in
~/.ssh/authorized-keys as well as in my home system, and the 2 BLU
systems.  At some point a few weeks ago, the public authentication
stopped working, but only when I log into the local servers. I can log
into my home system, my Linux laptop as well as the blu servers from my
local servers using public key authentication.  There are 3 scenarios
where key authentication does not work and I must use my password:
1. log in from one Linux system to another Linux system.
2. log in from my company Windows laptop using a key generated by
Putty.
3. log in from my Linux laptop. Again, I can successfully log in from
my laptop to home or the blu servers.

The servers are all running RHEL 4 Update 3 (not sure of the patch
level - these were set up from corporate supplied CDs). The permissions
of my .ssh directory is 0700 as is id_dsa. A few years ago I had a
similar problem with one of the BLU severs.

In my case here, there were no changes made to ssh or sshd.

--
Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group