Re: mixed case URL's

 On Dec 29, 2007 2:20 PM, Tom Metro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Although there have been issues over the years with browsers not
> handling certain punctuation and international characters properly in
> URLs, I've never heard of any problems with case. So I don't anticipate
> that you'll encounter any difficulty in using mixed case URLs.

I actually have encountered problems with case, where I had to deal
with users who didn't use case consistently in their web pages; they'd
create a Foo.Htm page and then link to foo.htm. Foo.htm and FOO.HTM.
They'd create these on their desktop machine and test them locally
with personal web sharing, or whatever XP calls it, and all case variations
would serve the same foo.htm page. Then they'd come to me convinced
that the production web server was broken.

--
John Abreau / Executive Director, Boston Linux &amp; Unix
GnuPG KeyID: 0xD5C7B5D9 / Email: [hidden email]

believed to be clean.