Re: Free SSL Certification Authority

 Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't this a bad idea?

*Anyone* can create their own certificate for their own website based on
their own created "authority," the only difference is that user's will be
asked if they trust the authority.

The free SSL certificate doesn't seem to do any sort of checking to verify
that the SSL site has had any sort of verification. What's worse is that
if the authority certificate is part of Mozilla Firefox and Safari, then
they are insecure.