Re: mixed case URL's

 The server part of the URL is resolved by DNS, which is not
case sensitive; so that portion can't rely on case. The rest
of the URL is typically mapped to the filesystem, and may
or may not be case sensitive depending on the underlying OS.

It's considered bad practice to rely on case; personally, I
prefer to stick with the convention of keeping everything in
lowercase, which makes the underlying filesystem's case
handling irrelevant.