Re: Canon Camera Driver

On Dec 25, 2007, at 11:34 PM, jbk wrote:

> My daughter has been given the latest Canon Digital Elph SD1000.
> Nice camera, but it apparently is not yet supported by F7 or F8.

I presume you mean that a direct USB connection to the camera doesn't
allow one to pull pictures off of it.

> Since Canon only supports the latest MS and MAC OS's what options do
> I have? Can I get by with a SD card reader?

Yes. That's actually the only way either myself of my wife get
pictures off of our digital cameras, even if using Mac OS X, which
does support our cameras. My general thinking is why waste battery
getting pictures off when you don't need to, just pull the SD card and
throw it in a reader.

> If so is there a particular brand I should get for best
> compatibility with linux?

Pretty much anything should work, outside of some funky Ricoh ones, as
far as I recall. We've got SanDisk, Lexar and HP readers that all work
just fine.

--
Jarod Wilson
[hidden email]