Re: DSL provider on the south shore

 On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:27:32 -0500, sgoldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
{partially quoted}

> *There is a real bias on this list against Verizon*
Woops. I try to be fair.

>         For many people it works fine.

Indeed; my geek neighbor has Verizon DSL and, afaik, is completely happy
with it. He's still mostly in the dark about Linux...

For most people I'd recommend Verizon DSL.

> I am happy for users who use Speakeasy and are satified with the level
> of service they provide at the monthly cost they pay.

Beyond question, imho, Speakeasy is costly. (Does Verizon DSL pay its way,
or is it a "loss leader" service? I don't mean that question as a
put-down, either. A source I trusted said maybe a year ago that it costs
Verizon about $1,000 to provision each new FiOS customer. They are in it
for the long haul, I'd say.)

> It is good have choices for different goods and services.

Couldn't agree more.

Best regards, and I hope everyone had a good solstice! :)

--
Nicholas Bodley
Waltham, Mass.

believed to be clean.