Re: Which laptop?

 On Dec 21, 2007 1:39 PM, Jarod Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why not? X *does* support on-the-fly resolution changes these days...
> Heck, our X developers have even got hotplug displays with auto-
> configuration working now in Xorg 7.3. (Ooh, just like Mac OS has done
> for... 10 years?!? :)

Sure, but it looks all funky on your LCD screen in that case then!
Additionally, even though it may be possible to just make VGA out
proper resolution on another xorg screen definition (I haven't tried),
would you also want to explain this to someone you recommended Linux
too!?!?!  AFAICT, you can't just plug in your Linux laptop running
Xorg and have it auto-detect the proper resolution for both VGA out
and your LCD screen at the same time.  Not all projectors are created
equal either, and may require special refresh/resolution...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

believed to be clean.