[Fwd: Re: OLPC machines are shipping]

 -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: OLPC machines are shipping
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:34:16 -0500
From: Nicholas Bodley <[hidden email]>
To: Bill Horne <[hidden email]>
<[hidden email]>

Bill, I've been following the XO rather closely, and until John replies...

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:26:12 -0500, Bill Horne <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>  2. How big is the keyboard?
Child-finger-size, I'd say. Nevertheless, looks usable by adults.

>   3. QWERTY?
Yup. Also some extra unique keys. (I truly hope for Dvorak, or even
possibly Colemak, not well known yet, but near-optimal and closer to
QWERTY for the less-used letters).
Has different keyboards for other countries.

>   4. Battery life is supposed to be exceptional. True?

Afaik, quite true, possibly 12 hours under some conditions; also much
better cycle life. IIrc, it's Li - Fe phosphate chemistry. They have been
working really hard to make it as good as they can.

>   5. Does the yo-yo recharger come with it or is it extra?

Afaik, does not come with it; not even sure it's avail., yet, but I could
be wrong.

HTH, a bit! Enjoy!

If you see fit, quite OK to forward to all of BLU.

--
Nicholas Bodley
Waltham, Mass.

Thank you, Nicholas, that's very good info.

Bill

--
Lookng back through time you know its clear that i've been blind
I've been a fool

                     David Gray

believed to be clean.