Question about update notifications CentOS 4.6

 Hello List,
     I am getting familar with CentOS and using Rel 4.6. My goal is to get a automated update *(email)* of system updates.
I found the link below in the WIKI. Additionally I have enable "yum" to run as a service int 345 and started it.
yum update from the command line works fine-

    There are three scripts indicated on the web link below :

http://wiki.centos.org/YumCheckOrInstallUpdates

usr/bin/yum-check            ( not on the machine)

/etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:  ( not on the machine)

there a is file named yum.cron at this location-

[root@bmc-4 cron.daily]# cat yum.cron
#!/bin/sh

if [ -f /var/lock/subsys/yum ]; then
        /usr/bin/yum -R 120 -e 0 -d 0 -y update yum
        /usr/bin/yum -R 10 -e 0 -d 0 -y shell /etc/yum/yum-daily.yum
fi

etc/sysconfig/yum-check:  (not on the machine)

I am not sure what to do with the information provided. Can others point me in a direction please..

The documentation is not clear.

Thanks,

Stephen

Stephen Goldman